PDA

View Full Version : Cody Comments on WWE Inviting Him To Dusty Rhodes Classic

Kemo
04-05-2018, 04:59 PM
A fan on Twitter recently asked Cody why WWE doesn’t invite him to attend the finals of the Dusty Rhodes Classic which honors his late father. Cody’s response was as follows:

They always very kindly do. That's for Regal & the students. It's their moment. I personally can't honor him by standing next to a trophy(as beautiful as that trophy is). They do a great job promoting/protecting his influence/legacy.

— Cody Rhodes (@CodyRhodes) April 5, 2018

WWE and Cody have had something of a tumultuous relationship since the 32-year-old left the company in 2016. As Cody had only ever performed under the name “Cody Rhodes” under WWE’s umbrella, the company and not Cody was able to claim ownership of the fictional last name “Rhodes”.

Cody and WWE also butted heads over the company using the name Starrcade for a show last year. On the other hand, Cody has generally been supportive of NXT using Dusty-created concepts, such as the return of War Games. He issued the below response after news of the match-concept returning broke:

I'm not mad. I was told. H worked for my Dad and then my Dad worked for him. They were friends. Care and effort will be placed into it.

— Cody Rhodes (@CodyRhodes) October 5, 2017