PDA

View Full Version : Cody Rhodes Explains How NXT Inspired Him To Leave WWE

Kemo
04-05-2018, 08:30 PM
Cody Rhodes made his name known while under the banner of the WWE. He signed with the sports entertainment company in 2006 and departed ten years later.

Since he decided to leave the promotion and explore the wrestling business outside of the WWE bubble, he has become one of the most demanded names on the indie market and has made quite a name for himself as a singles competitor.

Rhodes worked for promotions such as Impact Wrestling, New Japan Professional Wrestling, and Ring Of Honor.

He was this week’s guest on X-Pac 1,2,360 to talk about various topics.

During the interview, he talked about reaching out to Kevin Owens before he left the WWE and how NXT inspired his career moves.

“I had a lot of time to prep… I kinda field tested all the resources I had. Kevin Owens for example is somebody I must have asked eight-hundred-thousand questions to. About everything from how travel is different from where to ask for more, where to not worry about the money. An absurd amount of questions, to timing, to the opponents, you name it, presentation, all of that. So, I had a lot of time to prepare. It was definitely this feeling of fear but I have this rule, that if it doesn’t scare you it’s not an adventure.”

“NXT was also a huge inspiration for me to leave because NXT is just Hunter’s independent scene, it’s amazing. He hand plucked all these buzz-worthy talents and had them fight against each other and it’s just those were the guys that were getting the attention of the crowd, capturing their imaginations and I was very inspired by NXT. I know that doesn’t sound like it makes sense to then leave WWE but that’s what it did, it was seeing those guys that already had a brand and who already had buzz…something I had to do.”

mFsQf2Fe_Eg