PDA

View Full Version : Paige Opens Up On Her Career-Ending Injury

Kemo
05-05-2018, 07:00 PM
It’s been well documented that former WWE Divas Champion Paige’s career is over as in-ring performer under the WWE banner. The news was reported a while ago, but WWE had yet to confirm the news up until recently.

It’s been reported that she will not be cleared to return to the ring after her most recent in-ring injury and that it’s a situation described as similar to Edge’s medical disqualification from competing in the ring.

It all started in late December at a live event in Long Island. For those who may not remember, she was in a six-woman tag match that needed to be called off.

Paige took a hard kick to the back from Sasha Banks that she wasn’t ready for and it stunned her. The early belief was it was just a mild stinger, leading to her losing feeling in her extremities. WWE pulled her from the ring and set up further testing that led to this decision.

Paige recently appeared on the E&C’s Pod of Awesomeness podcast with WWE Hall of Famer Edge and former WWE World Heavyweight Champion Christian to talk about various topics including her career-ending injury.

“When it actually happened and the accident happened in the ring, I lost all feeling in my legs and my arms,” Paige explained. “It was literally the most terrifying experience in my life and I would never wish that upon anyone. It was so scary. I literally was like ‘Oh my gosh, I’m done, I’m going to be in a wheelchair now, this is it, I’ve pushed myself too much.’ Because I really did, because every time I was in the match I was like ‘Its okay, I’ll do the comeback, I’ll take the bump, I’ll do this, I’ll do that,’ because I was just so eager to get back in the ring you know. I feel like I pushed myself too hard to the point of where my body was like ‘stop.’ You know I’ve been doing this since I was thirteen as well and my body was like “you need time to grow woman.”

I refused to believe I was hurt, I remember doing this. Coming back to Orlando to go get my MRIs and stuff and I felt good, I could get back in the ring again even though I just experienced temporary paralysis. I was like ‘No I’m good, I can do this, please don’t make me be out.’ And I was like begging them, ‘Please I don’t want to be out anymore, please don’t let me be out.’ I was just crying to the doctors and stuff. So then Dr. Maroon was like ‘I’m sorry you cannot get back in the ring again.’ It was horrible, it really breaks your heart….it really does.”

Paige added, “I remember being in the match too and experiencing that and like ‘maybe it’s just my arms right?’ So I’m like ‘No, I’m going to keep going.’ And I remember trying to grab Sasha’s legs and my arms felt like there was just no bones in them you know. So I’m trying to grab her legs and then like ‘wait let me try to stand up and then I’ll be good to do the comeback’ and Sasha is like ‘Noooo, absolutely not.’ Then I tried to stand up and I just look drunk. Like I just start stumbling and falling back. But actually I feel like the girls were more terrified than what I was at the time. Like I was petrified, but the girls were crying at ringside and stuff and then they see the stretcher coming out and I was like ‘Please, please’ and it’s just like horrible. I don’t know how you did it for so many years beforehand because it’s terrifying.”