PDA

View Full Version : Triple H: Future Of United Kingdom Division To Be Revealed Next Month

Kemo
05-06-2018, 03:06 PM
WWE has a major announcement to make regarding the future of the United Kingdom division. They aren’t revealing it just yet, however. The company will host the 2nd WWE United Kingdom Championship tournament next month. The shows will be on June 18th and 19th from London’s Royal Albert Hall.

“Just in the next few months you will see two full main roster tours of Raw and SmackDown all through the UK,” Triple H told the Mirror in the UK. “You will see not only the Download Festival with NXT but shows in Paris and Antwerp, and you will see us coming back to one of the most famous arenas in London, the Royal Albert Hall, for two days back-to-back, with the WWE UK Championship and NXT combo on the second day. It’s massive.”

He then stated an announcement would be made at the upcoming tournament.

“While we are there at this UK event at the Royal Albert Hall, we will be making some announcements about the future of the UK Championship brand there in the UK and moving forward.”

Some believe the announcement could be regarding the brand finally getting their own show. Further speculation has WWE opening up a training center in the UK as well. Triple H talked about international training centers at the recent WWE Business Partners Summit.

“That brand still remains very near and dear to me and it’s something I want to move on. It’s taking a little bit longer than I anticipated in getting things done and getting them done in the way I want them to get done… but it’s happening”, Triple H said in regards to the UK division. “It will be meaningful to everybody there and over there and I look forward to showcasing the UK talent to the world.”

The inaugural WWE United Kingdom championship tournament concluded on January 15, 2017. In the finals of the tournament, Tyler Bate defeated Pete Dunne to win the title. A little over five months later, however, Dunne defeated Bate at NXT Takeover: Chicago to win the championship.