PDA

View Full Version : Samoa Joe On AJ Styles Rivalry: “It’s Something That’s Gonna Happen”

Kemo
05-06-2018, 09:40 PM
Since returning to the scene in WWE, Samoa Joe has picked up right where he left off. Having just recently returned, Joe is already setting his sights at the very top — the WWE Champion AJ Styles.

During a recent sit-down interview with ESPN, Joe spoke about his longstanding rivalry with Styles, which spans over two decades. According to Joe, a showdown with Styles in WWE is inevitable.

“I think at this point it’s beyond potential, and it’s something that’s gonna happen,” Joe told ESPN this past Tuesday morning, just hours before confronting ‘The Phenomenal One’ on SmackDown Live.

“People talk about the Kevin Owens/Sami Zayn relationship and how they’ll be fighting forever, but in reality when it comes to me and AJ Styles, I defy anybody to find two guys who have been battling against each other longer than us,” said Joe.

Joe, a former two-time NXT World Champion himself, went on to praise Styles and put over the fact that he is among the best the business has ever seen. At the same time, he made sure to prepare the WWE Universe for the fact that a Joe-Styles clash is something like they’ve never seen.

“AJ, his moniker speaks for itself,” said Joe. “He’s a phenomenal athlete, he’s been a fantastic champion and a superstar for WWE. A lot of the wider WWE universe hasn’t been able to experience what Samoa Joe-AJ Styles is, and if there’s one thing that we’ve always known about each other it’s that whenever we get in the ring, things get a little bit more intense. There’s just a little bit extra ‘oomph’ with everything that happens. That rivalry was started over a decade ago, and rest assured it will continue in WWE.”