PDA

View Full Version : Big Show Gives Braun Strowman A Warning About His TV Character

Kemo
06-01-2018, 12:44 AM
There’s no doubt that Braun Strowman is one of the hottest properties in WWE today. The Monster Among Men has connected with the WWE Universe like WWE wished Roman Reigns would have. He’s got it all – the look, the physique, the shocking feats of strength, the promo ability – he’s even got a catchphrase (‘get these hands’) that’s moving a lot of merchandise.

WWE brass seems to be so high on him, rewarding his work with prominent positioning on big cards and a recent Greatest Royal Rumble victory. Another larger than life athlete, the Big Show, has been a mentor of sorts to Braun Strowman and is concerned he could fall victim to pitfall he experienced in his own career.

Big Show was a recent guest on the Steve Austin Show podcast and cautioned that Strowman needs to be careful not to rely on comedy too heavily. “I think with Braun, he’s got the unique ability to do some things that are entertaining and fun, but let’s not overdo it,” Show said.

“That happened a lot with me in WWE in the beginning that because I can do impersonations because I had comedic timing, we would do too much of it and by the time we were done, ‘Okay, we’ve lost The Giant gimmick. Okay, let’s turn him heel, he’ll kill everybody, and we’ll start over again, so now we can start drawing money with him.’”

WWE’s brand of comedy is very hit-or-miss (to put it kindly) and Big Show is right that Strowman should be careful not to let his character get too goofy. He’s got the potential to be a main event player for years to come – let’s just hope we don’t meet Braun’s sisters any time soon.

Big Show has been out of action since undergoing hip surgery last September. He told Austin that he was training for an in-ring return at the Greatest Royal Rumble, but experienced health complications that have delayed that plan.