PDA

View Full Version : Corey Graves Trash Talks CM Punk On Twitter, Makes Further Comments

Kemo
06-11-2018, 04:24 PM
Corey Graves is evidently not CM Punk’s biggest fan. The color commentator for both Raw and Smackdown seemed to revel in Punk’s loss at UFC 225 on Saturday night.

“Maybe abandoning everybody who stood by your side, even when we weren’t supposed to, only to have you turn your back on us wasn’t the right move after all?” Graves Tweeted not long after the fight ended. “No anger. Only sadness.”

Graves seems to be echoing sentiment once expressed by Chris Jericho; that Punk didn’t keep in contact with people who considered him a friend in WWE.

“The first rule of ‘punk rock’ is loyalty, and this guy betrayed it all,” Graves continued. “I still love you, “friend” and I’m sorry you got lost.”

Don’t worry, hey @VinceMcMahon this has nothing to do with you.

You either @TripleH

This isn’t corporate. This is real life.

Calm down internerds.

— Corey Graves (@WWEGraves) June 10, 2018

Corey Graves Clarifies Tweets Regarding CM Punk

“Awww. Seems the “fans” are disappointed. Maybe you guys should know that “That Dude” held my first son before I did because I was on tour and I trusted him,” Graves continued. “I had dinner with him the week after he quit.”

About 4.5 hours into the Twitter tirade, Graves then came out with the following:

Hey @CMPunk, call me tomorrow. I still love you.

— Corey Graves (@WWEGraves) June 10, 2018

Graves then spoke with Fightful.com about his Tweets.

“What really set me off was this week when he essentially disowned the business that made him,”Graves said. “My only issue with him was that he turned off people that actually loved and supported him. Beyond “the business” and he never wanted anything to do with us…yet continued to present himself as this ‘Punk’ hero.”

Graves continued to say that nothing he said had anything to do with WWE or the recent lawsuit.

“Dude, this has ZERO to do with court, or testimony or any of the above. Nothing that I tweeted was corporate,” said Graves. “I’m simply hurt/pissed off that a guy that I looked like as a big brother-type has turned his back on me and everyone that loved and supported him only because of the name on my paycheck. I’m definitely not the only one. I won’t name names, but there is a large group of us to this day that inexplicably lost a solid friend because of where we work.”