PDA

View Full Version : Samoa Joe Puts Local News Producer In Coquina Clutch

Kemo
06-12-2018, 07:04 PM
WWE Superstar Samoa Joe was interviewed by Memphis NBC affiliate, WMC Action News 5, to promote tonight’s episode of SmackDown Live in Memphis. Joe first discussed how huge the culture of professional wrestling is in the Memphis area:

“I think Memphis is kind of, one of – wrestling is ingrained in the local culture here and you were just telling me here that we’re kind of sitting on hallowed ground this being the original studio where a lot of Memphis wrestling went down.

“And I think we like to come to towns like this, especially leading into bigger shows cause the crowds have a lot more energy. They’re very, very opinionated and usually makes for some wild TV.”

The Destroyer was then asked what fans can expect from tonight’s episode of SmackDown Live, the final show before Money In The Bank (MITB) this Sunday:

“I’m definitely beating somebody up tonight, so that’s probably the highlight of the evening, but aside from that, tonight, like I said, it’s going to be a night of statements. You’re going to see a lot of people making some big moves tonight and I know I definitely will, so it’ll be pretty fun.”

Joe was then asked about being a professional wrestler in the WWE, as opposed to everywhere else he has worked in his career:

“I’ve been fortunate enough to work for every major company in our industry, in the world. WWE just kind of being my latest. Obviously when you come to WWE the level of spectacle and production in what we do is far and above anywhere else I worked so it’s kind of cool to be apart of the big show now. Obviously I’ve had a fantastic career leading up to this point so I’m kind of in the bonus.”

Finally, the former NXT Champion again put over Memphis’ rich history in professional wrestling:

“I think in general when you talk about great wrestling towns in the history of the world I think Memphis kind of shoots up there into the top three if not the top two. And obviously there’s been so much that has gone on here, so many kinds of epic encounters when it comes to our industry and tonight we look to extend that tradition and keep it going.”

Joe also ended the interview by putting one of the news production team members in the Coquina Clutch. Check that out here:

WWE's @SamoaJoe stopped by the #WMC5 studio to show off his signature Coquina Clutch on our poor digital producer. Check out his full interview (including where he says his favorite Memphis BBQ spot is) here>>https://t.co/oolwzw8wji pic.twitter.com/frXBLmhUJ4

— WMC Action News 5 (@WMCActionNews5) June 12, 2018