PDA

View Full Version : Cody Takes Shot At NXT and WWE Developmental

Kemo
06-25-2018, 09:23 PM
As Cody and the Young Bucks gear up for All-In on September 1st, 2018, questions remain as to how the WWE might respond to the event. Cody responded to a suggestion on Twitter that WWE may decide to sign talent booked for All-In.

A fan asked Dave Meltzer if WWE would possibly organize a show near Chicago on September 1st to rival All-In.

“Nope and tickets are sold,” Meltzer replied. “All they can do it try and sign the talent on the show and pull them, and most are under contract elsewhere past that date.”

Evidently, Cody was following the discussion and offered a response.

“That’s a possibility. Everybody has different goals. If your goal is to take a meet/greet style handshake photo, and pretend to be excited about going back to wrestling school…that’s your prerogative ha.”

Since leaving the company in 2016, Cody has had both positive and negative things to say about WWE. Cody has taken issue with the company running a Starrcade themed house show but also responded positively to NXT running a War Games themed event.

Earlier this year, Cody responded to a fan on Twitter who asked if he’ll ever go back to WWE. “Unlikely. They have a huge place in my heart. They raised me,” Cody Tweeted.

“But my music is my music and I play it how I want, I am literally incapable of taking direction.”

Cody has earned the praise of his fellow Bullet Club members. Adam Page recently had this to say on his Cody’s work ethic:

“He’s just a person who, legitimately every minute of every day, he’s on,” Page said. “He’s two-a-day at the gym, or coming up with stuff for The Elite, or thinking of long-term ideas for what he wants to do at Ring of Honor or New Japan or for a match that day, he’s just somebody who legitimately is always on, and I think that has motivated me as well a little bit.”