PDA

View Full Version : Seth Rollins Comments On Failing To Regain Intercontinental Championship

Kemo
06-26-2018, 06:51 PM
Last night on Raw, Seth Rollins appeared to be poised to win back the Intercontinental Championship. Instead, Drew McIntyre interfered and caused a disqualification. Rollins would be saved from an aftermatch beatdown by Roman Reigns, however.

At the end of the show, it was Rollins and Reigns standing in the ring together but Ziggler is still the Intercontinental Champion. WWE correspondents caught up with Rollins after the show.

ClVD-7dBI64

“I put in a lot of work this week and I was ready for everything,” Rollins said.”I had it all planned out in my head, I had Dolph covered for the 1-2-3 and the plan came unraveled just like that.”

“Drew McIntyre is not just a problem,” Rollins continued. “He is the problem.”

Rolins’ reign with the Intercontinental Championship lasted from April 8th, 2018 (WrestleMania 34) to the June 18th, 2018 edition of Raw. During that time, Rollins defended the title 7 times on WWE programming. He defeated Balor, Joe and the Miz at the Greatest Royal Rumble in a ladder match. Rollins also defeated Finn Balor, the Miz, Mojo Rawley, Kevin Owens, and Elias on Raw. He held onto the title via a DQ loss to Jinder Mahal on the May 28th, 2018 Raw as well.

In addition to his televised title defenses, Rollins also defended the belt on several live event shows. He usually defeated either Elias or Jinder Mahal on these tours.

With Roman and Rollins looking like they will be teaming up against McIntyre and Ziggler, it’s possible WWE will return to the Shield reunion angle when Dean Ambrose is medically cleared.

“Ambrose is the man,” Rollins said shortly after it was revealed Ambrose would miss WrestleMania 34. “He’ll be back. It’s not about Wrestlemania this year, it’s about Wrestlemania next year and the year after that. It’s about the long term.”