PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Owens Talks Getting Tossed Off Of 20-Foot Ladder, Pre-Match Rituals

Kemo
06-29-2018, 12:08 AM
Kevin Owens has reflected on being tossed off a ladder as well talked about how he prepares for a match.

The former WWE Universal Champion recently conducted an interview with the Argus Leader where he talked about various topics including the spot that saw Braun Strowman toss him off a huge ladder at the WWE Money in the Bank pay-per-view event in Chicago, Illinois at the Allstate Arena on the WWE Network, which ended up featuring Strowman winning the men’s Money in the Bank ladder match.

“I don’t know how well it can go when you get thrown off a 20-foot ladder. I’m definitely feeling it; it was an uneasy morning. It’s not part of the risks we take as wrestlers, but stuff like that doesn’t happen every night obviously, but when you got these ladder matches, there’s high stakes, and everybody’s trying to make a name for themselves. Everybody wants to get the MITB contract; that usually means at some point they will become champion. That’s a big deal; that’s what everybody strives for. I’m a professional, and I get used to stuff like that, but I never experienced what I did last night. But I’ll be ready to go before you know it.”

Owens also talked about what goes through his head before a match in the ring under the banner of the sports entertainment company.

He noted that he doesn’t have rituals but does reflect on the influences on his career, who he stated is the late Owen Hart.

“I don’t know what’s going through my mind. I don’t have any specific rituals. The only thing I’ll do every single time… not to get into the whole topic of religion here, but some people believe in God and some people believe in all kinds of things. I don’t have many particular beliefs, but I do believe in people who we’ve lost. I’ll speak to Owen Hart; he was a big influence on me as a young wrestler, and when he passed, I felt a great sense of loss. Ever since then I just talk to Owen Hart before every match and I ask him to be with me and make sure I don’t get hurt. Throughout the years I have added people to that list. I have lost people in this industry, and I speak to them as well, guys like Dusty Rhodes. And I’ll talk to my grandfather and grandmother who have also passed. I ask those people who are looking down on me to make sure I get through the match safely.”