PDA

View Full Version : Tyson Kidd Reflects On Neck Injury, Talks New WWE Role

Kemo
07-23-2018, 11:05 PM
Tyson Kidd not only reflected on his accomplishments in the WWE but also talked about his future with the company in his new role during a recent interview.

The former WWE Tag Team Champion spoke with Chris Van Vliet about various topics including his career-ending neck injury. For those who may not remember, Kidd was seriously injured three years in a dark match prior to a RAW TV event with Samoa Joe after taking the muscle buster. He ended up getting C1-C2 spinal fusion surgery, and doctors said that there was a 95 percent chance of death. Thus, at the time, it was considered a life-threatening injury as well but now he’s moved on as a producer with the WWE.

“I remember everything very vividly. I lost feeling for about five seconds. Everything. Head to toe. Times ten. You just sit there in no control. I was in no control, I was at a higher power’s mercy. You’re just sitting there, all of a sudden your body feels like it weighs like two million pounds. But there was some weird voice telling me this isn’t permanent. Now in that five second span I’m thinking this little voice is telling me this but that doesn’t mean this voice is right though. But luckily, thankfully it was. I ended up going to a hospital then they transferred me to a different hospital.”

Kidd continued by stating that he stayed overnight then the doctor came the next morning and told him that he wanted to do emergency surgery, which he noted is fortunate due to WWE having the best of the best.

He recalled being airlifted a couple of days later from San Antonio to Tampa and the best doctor ended up being in Tampa. He added that once he got hurt, Steve Austin, Kurt Angle, and Edge reached out to him about the injury.

Switching gears, Kidd talked about his new role in the company as a producer as he has been doing it for a year now and claims to love it but did admit that it took a little bit to get adjusted and back in the mix because he was away for two years.

“I love sitting and collaborating with people and just being creative and we are all throwing out ideas and next thing you know some magic is being made in the ring that I had a small little part in. It feels fulfilling and there’s no physical trauma to me.“

eh_7Mu_Pk9o