PDA

View Full Version : WWE Interested In Potentially Signing Juice Robinson

Kemo
07-28-2018, 02:06 AM
WWE officials are reportedly interested in potentially signing New Japan Pro Wrestling star Juice Robinson. Dave Meltzer reported the news in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that WWE has a lot of interest.

This wouldn’t be the first time that Robinson has garnered interest from the company as Robinson portrayed the CJ Parker character while in the developmental brand, NXT, for the WWE from 2011 – 2015.

However, he was used a comedy figure and his run didn’t go exactly how he wanted, thus, he departed the company then went to NJPW where he worked up the ranks as a Young Lion where he is the current IWGP US Champion.

He is just another example of a WWE talent not being used the way they should and then going to another promotion where they would become a bigger star than they were in the WWE. It should be noted that NJPW regulars actually aren’t under contract which means that legally WWE can approach them without it being tampering.

Earlier this month, Robinson spoke about his time in the WWE where he reflected about it. Here is an excerpt from that interview which you can read here:

“You know, I loved NXT. Just, I just knew I was dead in the water, so I had to get out. So it wasn’t that it was bad, it was I turned it bad because I got sad. You know what I mean? So what was happening to me on a daily basis… it wasn’t like I was going home every night and crying in my room.”