PDA

View Full Version : Carmella Discusses State Of WWE Women’s Division

Kemo
07-28-2018, 03:19 AM
WWE SmackDown Women’s Champion Carmella has opened up on the current state of the WWE women’s division as well as reflected on her WWE career.

Carmella spoke with News-Press to talk about various topics as well as promote the SmackDown live event this coming Monday night in Estero, FL at the Germain Arena.

Carmella feels that fans are talking the women more seriously now more than ever because WWE is booking them in gimmick matches and having them main event pay-per-view events. The sky’s the limit in her eyes and that it’s to the point now where it’s not even a big deal if the women main event on SmackDown or on RAW.

“Because it’s just kind of become the norm. Whereas before, it was like, ‘Oh my God, the women are main-eventing Smackdown Live tonight!’ Now it’s no big deal. The women are the norm.”

The SmackDown champ stated that a lot has changed in a year for her because one year ago, she won the Money in the Bank contract and put herself on the map to the point where she is the champion now as it solidifies all the hard work and a testament to the WWE Performance Center that made her into the wrestler she is today.

“That’s where you learn to hone your craft. I didn’t come from wrestling, and I never wrestled outside of WWE. So I’m kind of a homegrown talent. I learned everything from the performance center and NXT.”