PDA

View Full Version : The Reason Cain Velasquez Was At The WWE PC

Kemo
08-01-2018, 12:56 AM
Former UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez was training at the WWE Performance Center earlier this month.

Velasquez is one of the greatest heavyweights in MMA history. Pro wrestling fans will remember him for his starching of Brock Lesnar for the heavyweight throne back at UFC 121 in 2010.

Dave Meltzer discussed Velasquez’s training session at the WWE PC in a recent edition of Wrestling Observer Radio. He revealed Velasquez is currently negotiating a new UFC deal. The Mexican star is using his WWE trip as a power move against the UFC.

He wants the MMA promotional juggernaut to know he has other options. During his time at the PC Velasquez trained professional wrestling techniques with coach Norman Smiley. He also took part in a DDP Yoga session led by Hall Of Famer Diamond Dallas Page himself. He also attended an NXT TV taping at Full Sail University.

“My experience has been amazing,” Velasquez said. “I’m just looking forward to being here and learning as much as I can. I’ve been a fan of the sport since I was a little kid, and now I get to participate in it.”

Velasquez has a 14-2 professional MMA record. One of those 14 victories was over reigning WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar. Velasquez defeated Lesnar back in October 2010 via first round KO/TKO.

Vou-3SuFP1E