PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte Flair Comments On Being Added To SummerSlam Match

Kemo
08-02-2018, 01:30 AM
Charlotte Flair defeated Carmella last night on Smackdown. Flair, who had been out of action since Money in the Bank, also qualified for the Smackdown Women’s Championship match at SummerSlam.

She spoke with WWE.com in an exclusive interview after the show.

2SsLXPsvd7Q

Flair has had a difficult 2018 from an injury perspective. She worked with a ruptured implant for most of the year as she delayed surgery to not miss WrestleMania. In May, she also lost a couple of teeth in a match with Carmella.

Becky Lynch cut a fiery promo to start Smackdown last night. She mentioned she has not held the Smackdown Women’s Championship since 2016 and hasn’t even received a title shot in a year and a half.

I missed #Summerslam last year. Excited to be in the title match with my best friend @BeckyLynchWWE Let the best woman win. #SDLive

— Charlotte Flair (@MsCharlotteWWE) August 1, 2018

Flair spoke to ESPN last month to promote her appearance in their 2018 Body Issue. She also spoke about how she deals with injuries.

“With injuries, every match varies,” Flair said. “The black eyes are accidents. The broken noses are accidents. But the bumps from when we land on the mat, they’re hard. I think it looks easier, or the fans don’t really understand what’s happening, but it does take a toll. Every week I have some kind of mark on me. And that goes for all the girls. I think that’s what separates us from other people, we’re always walking around with our battle scars, and we’re proud of them.”