PDA

View Full Version : Velvet Sky Explains Why The Beautiful People Were Never In WWE

Kemo
08-02-2018, 01:37 AM
Velvet Sky recently spoke to Press Slam to talk about her professional wrestling career. Sky announced her retirement from professional wrestling last summer. She noted she wanted to focus more on her academic career and return to college.

Sky earned her claim to fame in the professional wrestling world as one-half of The Beautiful People with Angelina Love in TNA. She is a former TNA Knockouts Champion and two-time Women’s Knockout Champion.

As for her run with The Beautiful People, Sky discussed why they never made it to WWE. She explained that WWE wanted to make their own version of the team and go away from Sky and Love’s version of it:

“This is like the million dollar question: How come The Beautiful People were never in the WWE. Well, it’s because [WWE] wanted to create their own version of what is already out there that they see that works.

“And, The Beautiful People, Angelina and I, we would never want The Beautiful People to be tainted or twisted or anything that I feel WWE would try to do to us if we were ever there. We would never be allowed to be The Beautiful People.

“The entrance? Forget it. We’d never be able to let the pigeons loose there. It wouldn’t work there. And like I said, they’ve created their own version of The Beautiful People, so they even knew that we worked.”

Furthermore, Sky explained what she means by WWE already created their own version of the duo. She said WWE’s creation of LayCool (Michelle McCool and Layla) and now The IIconics is essentially a ripoff of The Beautiful People:

“Back when we were still in TNA, it was LayCool, and now it’s the IIconics. It’s the same kind of mean, ‘I’m better than you’, the whispering, the pointing, the laughing, the humiliating.

“I mean, especially in the middle of our Beautiful People peak is when they created LayCool. They were kinda doing the similar antics, the humiliating the girls, the heel role. I mean, it’s very flattering, I must say it’s flattering that what we have is such high demand that they tried to take the ball and gave it to the girls that are there now.”