PDA

View Full Version : Drew McIntyre Says Complacent WWE Superstars Should Be Worried

Kemo
08-04-2018, 11:02 PM
Drew McIntyre says he “lost his fire” when he was released from his WWE contract in 2014. The Scottish SuperStar had been with the company since 2011. He’d even been touted as a future World Champion by Vince McMahon himself.

Initially, McIntyre found success in WWE. He won the Intercontinental Championship in 2009 and later won the tag titles along with Cody Rhodes. By 2012, however, things had changed drastically for him. He would be placed in a trio along with Heath Slater and Jinder Mahal known as 3MB.

He recently spoke to Sky Sports about how he sees others on the WWE roster who have lost their fire in a similar way to how he did a few years back.

“When I was there (before), I kind of lost my fire and forgot why I was there, I forgot why I was in WWE and it’s embarrassing to think about that,” McIntyre said. “It was only when I left I realized what an opportunity I’d let slip away and I knew I’d never do that again.”

He then spoke about seeing the same attitude in some members of the current roster.

“I see a lot of the same looks in people’s faces and quite frankly it annoys me,” he continued. “I’ve been around the world and there are independent stars and NXT stars waiting to take their slots.”

McIntyre is currently aligned with Dolph Ziggler on the Raw brand.

“I’m back as the wake-up call to everybody to tell them they have to take their opportunity because there are people ready to take their spot.”