PDA

View Full Version : Matt Hardy Confirms His Producer Role Backstage At SummerSlam

Kemo
08-26-2018, 12:59 AM
Matt Hardy is currently taking a break from in-ring competition.

Last week it was reported that Hardy will be taking an extended break to deal with nagging injuries. Hardy’s health will be reevaluated later this year. For now, there’s no indication that Hardy plans on retiring. However, Wrestling Observer Newsletter suggests his in-ring future is in question.

Recently, Hardy has been gearing up for the next chapter of his professional wrestling career. Hardy was recently “shadowing” WWE producers, with some speculating he’s preparing for a backstage role transition.

The 25-year professional wrestling veteran would be a huge asset backstage, as many have raved about his wrestling IQ. On Sunday afternoon before SummerSlam, Hardy took to Twitter to comment on his new role:

Hardy suggested it was strange to be a part of the show in a “different capacity”:

It’s quite strange to be at @WWE @SummerSlam in a different capacity.

— Matthew Hardy (@MATTHARDYBRAND) August 19, 2018

He also Tweeted out a photo of himself working with WWE broadcaster Mike Rome backstage at the Barclays Center:

I look ok in a suit.

— Matthew Hardy (@MATTHARDYBRAND) August 19, 2018

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dk_QKBOUcAEczq0.jpg

Yesterday, Hardy further elaborated on his backstage role at SummerSlam. He confirmed that he was working as a producer at the show. Hardy said he loved working backstage, and also mentioned he was babysitting his sons at the same time:

I absolutely LOVE this behind the scenes @WWE Summerslam photo. Producing content AND babysitting at the same time.

— Matthew Hardy (@MATTHARDYBRAND) August 23, 2018

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DlTRHrRXoAA7TbZ.jpg

Hardy’s wife, Reby, had this to say about her husband’s “transitional time” recently on an appearance on the Busted Open satellite radio show:

“Matt is good,” she said. “Matt is right now going through a transitional period. He’s not really sure what he’s going to be doing. His contract is up in March, which I’m not sure many people are aware of.

“But there’s sort of a decision to be made at this point as to whether or not he should continue his in-ring career or if he should pursue something different, which he would totally be up for and would be excited to do, I feel like.

“So, he’s kind of giving it a go right now backstage. He’s at SummerSlam. He’s not on the card but he’s there. And we’re kind of going to see from here. It’s really a transitional time right now.”