PDA

View Full Version : Types Of Angels

W-OLF
02-15-2006, 03:13 PM
I usually post Ghost Stories when I post but because of all the Angel talk I thought a trip from the norm .

Credit The Shadowlands

Types of Angels

The Holy Bible refers to different types of angels, with varying duties. Some angels are guides, some protectors,and others are messengers of the Lord.
The appearance and purposes of angels vary throughout history and the world. Artists have given us their visions of angels as winged creatures, usually beautiful figures that seen as glowing, shining, or floating in human form.

Angels are also recorded in the Koran. “You shall see the angels circling around the throne, giving glory to their Lord.

Some people entrust their lives to guardian angels, or believe when they die they will be led to Heaven by the angel of death. Many stories show a stranger next to the deathbed at the time a person passes.

Many people, soldiers included, claim to have seen “Warrior angels leading them into battle. They feel comforted and stronger knowing they have celestial help.

Angels have made us curious, fired our imagination and filled us with hope and a feeling of security, a knowing that in time of need they will be there to help us. We hear about people who say they have seen an angel, or have seen a glowing light. People contend that angels have appeared human form out of nowhere just at the right time to save the day and then disappear without a trace.

Angels are believed to watch over us, some believe they are with us from birth to death. They say we are assigned an angel to guide and protect us throughout our lives.

Dionysius, a writer, gave us a hierarchical order of angels. The first group is the Seraphim, Cherubim, and Thrones.

The word Seraphim (singular is Seraph) is taken from the fiery imagery often associated with the Presence of God.

See Isaiah 6:2 - Cherubim are represented as guardians with many wings. Thrones have been depicted as wearing stoles and kneeling before God.
See Genesis 3:24, Genesis 25:22, Ezekiel 1:4-14- 1:26-28, Hebrews 9:5, 1 Samuel 4:4, Psalms 80:1, Revelations 4:6

Archangels are the third group of angels that includes the principalities, protectors of nations, and the angles who protect humans.

The word Archangel is found in 1 Thessalonians 4:16-For the Lord Himself will come down from Heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and the trumpet call of God and the dead in Christ will rise first.

OMEN
02-20-2006, 01:36 AM
I found this great article on Angels and their hierarchy etc...To copy and paste it here would not do it justice.
Click here to get to the Article:Angelology (http://www.steliart.com/angelology_angelic_orders.html)

spoonman462
02-20-2006, 01:55 AM
thanks. interesting read

$tu
02-23-2006, 06:02 AM
thanks
interesting read

Sunshine Acid
02-23-2006, 06:50 PM
"Here's another question I've been pondering -- what is all this shit about angels? Have you heard this? Three out of four people belive in angels. Are you fucking stupid? Has everybody lost their mind? You know what I think it is? I think it's a massive, collective, psychotic chemical flashback for all the drugs smoked, swallowed, shot, and obsorbed rectally by all Americans from 1960 to 1990. Thirty years of street drugs will get you some fucking angels, my friend! What about Goblins, huh? Doesn't anybody belive in Goblins? You never hear about this. Except on Halloween and then it's all negative shit. And what about Zombies? You never hear from Zombies! That's the trouble with Zombies, they're unreliable! I say if you're going to go for the Angel bullshit you might as well go for the Zombie package as well." -George Carlin

Ahhh sorry had to add that lol.