PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Reveals The Unlikely Genesis Of His Friendship With Paul Heyman

Kemo
08-28-2018, 12:56 AM
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross and Paul Heyman have been friends for decades. The duo worked together multiple times over the years, first in WCW and later in WWE. On the latest episode of the The Jim Ross Report podcast, JR revealed their friendship actually formed after Ross was arrested for DUI (driving under the influence).

“I’ve mentioned before that I’ve had a DUI.” Ross said. “I’m not proud of it. I lost my drivers license for, I think, three months or six months. I’m not sure, but I know my driver was Paul Heyman, which let me get to know Paul and we started working together.

“And you see how that has worked out over the years, very good. It’s funny how sometimes a calamity can bring people together. And the volatile ‘Happy’ Heyman and I became connected through my stupid DUI.”

Today, Ross is featured on WWE TV from time to time. Heyman has served as the Advocate for Brock Lesnar in recent years. Following Brock Lesnar’s loss to Roman Reigns at SummerSlam, it remains to be seen whether or not he will remain with the company.

Last summer, Paul Heyman made a surprise appearance at the Ringside with Jim Ross show during SummerSlam weekend. Heyman gave an emotional speech about JR’s late wife Jan, who had been killed by a reckless driver just weeks earlier.

8z-00GN6XCE