PDA

View Full Version : Mike Kanellis On His Role With WWE

Kemo
09-01-2018, 12:23 AM
Its been almost 20 years since Mike Kanellis entered the professional wrestling business.

The 33-year-old has accomplished a lot in his career. He has worked under the banners of promotions such as Ring Of Honor (ROH), New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) and of course WWE.

Kanellis (formerly known as Mike Bennett) is a former IWGP Tag Team Champion. He also won the ROH World Tag Team Championships with Matt Tavern. In 2016 he won the TNA X Division Championship.

Finally, Kanellis and his wife, Maria, signed with WWE in June of last year. However, Kanellis hasn’t been used much in WWE recently. He has been battling drug abuse and is doing a lot better at this point in his life. Kanellis has also made quite the physical transformation.

Although he’s used at live events and in dark matches from time to time, his presence on WWE programming has been very low. Kanellis recently took to Twitter and discussed his current position in WWE.

He admitted that he gets frustrated sometimes, however, he remembers there was once a time he used to go to bed hungry:

Sometimes I get really frustrated about where I’m at. Then I remember all the nights I went to bed hungry. #perspective

— Mike Kanellis (@RealMikeBennett) August 29, 2018