PDA

View Full Version : Sami Zayn Makes Case For Cyndi Lauper In WWE Hall Of Fame, Lauper Responds

Kemo
09-01-2018, 12:40 AM
It looks like a certain 1980s pop star has Sami Zayn’s vote for a WWE Hall Of Fame induction.

The WWE Superstar took to social media on Thursday to comment about the exclusion of Cyndi Lauper from the Celebrity Wing of the WWE Hall Of Fame.

Zayn wrote about the impact that Lauper’s “Rock ‘N’ Wrestling” connection along with Hulk Hogan had on the WWE as the reason why she is a no-brainer for an inclusion in the coveted Hall.

“I only today realized that [Cyndi Lauper] is not in the WWE Hall of Fame celebrity wing,” wrote Zayn via his official Twitter page on Thursday evening. “As part of the ‘rock n’ wrestling connection’ with MTV in the 80’s, she was CRUCIAL to WWE crossing over into mainstream.”

Zayn continued, “Arguably no celebrity more deserving. #InductCyndi.”

This led to responses from Lance Storm and Lauper herself.

“I think she turned it down the year they offered it to her,” wrote Storm in response to Zayn’s tweet. Lauper, however, disagreed.

“Not that I remember,” wrote the 1980s pop star. “Well, you’d certainly know more than me,” wrote Storm in another tweet responding to Lauper. “Certainly deserving.”

The next WWE Hall Of Fame induction ceremony will take place in early April 2019 as part of WrestleMania 35 weekend from East Rutherford, New Jersey.