PDA

View Full Version : Eric Bischoff On Vince Russo Pitching WCW Star To Be His Son

Kemo
09-01-2018, 07:05 PM
Eric Bischoff has been having some very interesting conversations about his days in WCW on his 83 Weeks podcast with Conrad Thompson.

Recently, Bischoff divulged a rather interesting pitch Vince Russo made to him. Russo apparently pitched an angle in which Lance Storm would play Bischoff’s son. Of course, that never took place:

“You know that Vince Russo… when Russo and I agreed to work together, one of his big ideas was that he wanted Lance Storm to be my son,” Bischoff said.

Storm stayed with WCW until its bitter end, and went on to have a decent run with WWE. In regards to WCW’s end, Bischoff opened up about the final episode of Monday Night Nitro – which he wasn’t present for.

Bischoff said that he’s glad he wasn’t there for the final Nitro, and said had he been there, a deal with WWE might have never materialized:

“I am glad I wasn’t there – I am almost certain, knowing myself, that had I been there I probably wouldn’t have worked for the WWE a couple of years later.

“I think my reaction—I wouldn’t have done anything crazy, but knowing myself, I wear my emotions on my sleeve. I’m not really good at hiding s*it. It would have been easy to read me and it wouldn’t have been a positive thing.

“I would have been professional, but I don’t think anybody would say that they kind of dug that Bischoff guy.

“I don’t think that would have been the thought of anyone if I would have been there so I am glad that it turned out the way it did. Like I said, sometimes things work out the way they are supposed to.”

0w0dycBijao