PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Wants To See The Bullet Club In WWE

Kemo
09-01-2018, 07:12 PM
WWE Hall Of Famer Jim Ross recently took to his podcast, The Ross Report, to comment on several professional wrestling topics.

Ross first commented on Ring Of Honor and New Japan Pro Wrestling’s secured date for a show at Madison Square Garden. Not only did the two promotions secure a date at MSG, but they sold their show out.

“Good Ole’ JR” put over NJPW and ROH for their historical feat:

“They sold out The Garden.” Ross recalled, “I can tell you from the first time, the first time I worked The Garden was one of the biggest thrills of my life. And I thought, ‘it won’t feel this way every time.’

“Ironically, it did. It does. It’s a special place. And for a broadcaster to be able to broadcast an event from The Garden is really, really amazing.

“I love it, so I don’t know who’s going to broadcast the event, but they’re going to love it too. It’s just special. There’s nothing like it. It’s hard to describe, quite frankly.”

Ross did note one problem, however. He suggested that some of NJPW and ROH’s key talents may not be under contract by the time the show goes down in April:

“Now, of all the good things about that booking, there are also some areas of concern, in my eyes.” Ross said.

“I know that some of the talent that are expected to be on that card are not guaranteed to be under contract by April 6, 2019. I’ve got to believe that there are so many cooks in the kitchen, there’s so much change afoot that it’s going to be interesting to see how it all comes off.

“One thing about it, they sold it out. There’s a lot of great talent on that card, without a doubt. But I don’t think the card is going to be as complete as some people might think based on the April math.

“We’ll see, but, nonetheless, I applaud Joe Koff and Ring Of Honor guys, New Japan people. It’s a bold move and they took advantage of WWE’s buzz in the marketplace and they’re jumping on it. That’s entrepreneurial to me.”

Finally, Ross discussed The Bullet Club and possibly seeing them in WWE. The Hall Of Famer said he thinks their “Elite” act would work well in WWE, and believes each member of the group should have at least one run with the promotion:

“I can’t say whether they’re going to work for WWE or not, but I believe in some point in time, for those who have not worked in WWE, that somewhere along the journey, they will be there.

“And quite frankly, this might piss some off, I can’t help that, you deserve a run in WWE if you’ve dedicated your life to the business [of professional wrestling]. At some point, if you can make it work, you should give that shot and opportunity.” Ross added.

“I know they are not a niche product. None of those guys, The [Young] Bucks, Kenny Omega, Cody, Hangman Page, Marty Scurll, they are not a niche product.

“They’re talented, talented men who should be able to get jobs wherever they want. And if you’re going to be a [pro] wrestler, why not go where you can make the most money?”