PDA

View Full Version : Lanny Poffo Addresses Randy Savage – Stephanie McMahon Rumor

Kemo
09-04-2018, 11:19 PM
One of the longest-running unsubstantiated claims in pro-wrestling history is the infamous “Macho Man” Randy Savage and Stephanie McMahon rumor. Savage’s brother Lanny Poffo recently addressed the rumor on the first episode of his new podcast, The Genius Cast.

Longtime fans have probably heard the urban legend that Randy Savage had a liason of sorts with an underaged Stephanie. The rumor has been discounted by countless wrestlers over the years, but it persists to this day. Some fans still believe it’s the reason Savage was never brought back to WWE after his departure in 1994 and why the company waited so long to induct him into the Hall of Fame. According to Poffo, he doesn’t know if there is any truth to the rumor. Even if he did know, however, he wouldn’t tell. Poffo did offer up a theory as to why the rumor has persisted as strongly as it has over the years, however.

“I don’t know and if I knew I wouldn’t tell you because Randy was very very private and I have absolutely no idea if that happened,” Poffo said “I’ll tell you what did happen. Triple H did an interview on a magazine and they said ‘what do you think of Hulk Hogan and the Macho Man’ and he says ‘well they’re great but they are dinosaurs.’ Well, evidently Hulk Hogan didn’t mind being called a dinosaur.”

So Poffo’s theory is that Savage mentioned Stephanie on his diss-track to Triple H just to get even with Hunter calling him a dinosaur.

“I have absolutely no idea if the urban legend is true. Like I said if I knew I wouldn’t tell you. It’s none of anybody’s business. There’s only one person who knows for sure and that is Stephanie. Randy is not here and she’s not talking,” Poffo continued.