PDA

View Full Version : Wade Barrett Was “Miserable” For A While In WWE

Kemo
09-27-2018, 08:33 PM
Wade Barrett was miserable for a long while before leaving WWE. Barrett had begun his professional wrestling career back in 2004. WWE signed him to a deal in 2006 and he’d subsequently go through two of their developmental territories. Those two territories being Ohio Valley Wrestling (OVW) and Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW).

Upon his call-up to the main roster, Barrett led a memorable “Nexus” faction and had a rather successful singles career. The Englishman captured five Intercontinental Titles and won the 2015 King Of The Ring tournament. He was subsequently released from the company in May of 2016 after refusing to re-sign with the company.

Despite taking a step back in wrestling, Barrett has done work for both Defiant Wrestling and World Of Sport since leaving WWE. Speaking recently on The Sam Roberts’ Podcast, Barrett revealed that he was “miserable” for a long time before finally leaving WWE:

“I was miserable for a long time for the last few years I was in WWE,” Barrett said. “I have no beef or hate for them, but it was just how I was feeling at the time.

“Once upon a time if you go back to the early 2000s all the way to 2014 all I cared about in life was being a wrestler, going on the road, performing in front of crowds, getting big, climbing the ladder. But then at some point around 2015 it took a giant U-turn and thought to myself, ‘wait a minute? What am I doing here? This isn’t the direction that I want.’”