PDA

View Full Version : Paige Talks SmackDown GM Role Filling Void Of Not Wrestling, WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles

Kemo
09-29-2018, 04:04 AM
Paige recently did an interview where she spoke about how being the SmackDown General Manager has helped her fill the void of no longer being allowed to wrestle in a WWE ring. Although she is no longer allowed to compete in the ring, she has made a great transition from being an active wrestler to being an authority figure on weekly WWE television.

The former WWE Divas Champion was recently interviewed by Jozef Raczka of Vulture Hound about her new venture under the WWE banner.

“I’m so proud of all the work I do and looking forward to everyone seeing the film but right now, I am committed to being the best GM I can and it’s different because I’m not getting in the ring but I’m doing 4 or 5 promos a night sometimes and I’m mixing it up with the men and the women and I love getting to work with Samoa Joe, Daniel Bryan, R-Truth, Miz.”

She continued to say that it’s the difference as she doesn’t have to think about matches in the same way but she’s still there all the time which she loves and that’s fun. It’s also pushing her to be out of her comfort zone but is loving every single minute of it. She added that she’s back for this season of Total Divas which after missing last season, Paige is excited to show people a different side of her.

She also talked about the development of Sonya Deville and Many Rose as well as needing to have women’s tag team titles in the WWE.

“First off, I absolutely feel there should be Women’s Tag Team Championships, I really want that to happen. Sonya & Mandy are doing so well together and separate but, it’s just hard, they hadn’t been in NXT that long then they’re brought up and after I had to bow out with my injuries, I don’t think I’d had a chance to help them get established enough before they were sent out on their own. But Mandy’s great, she’s kind of an old-school diva and Sonia, she was killing it in NXT, working with Asuka and Ruby Riott.”

She thinks that they both have so much potential and when the time is right, they will get their shot that will be amazing as she can’t think of any teams that aren’t already together.