PDA

View Full Version : Brock Lesnar Might Not Get UFC Heavyweight Title Fight

Kemo
10-14-2018, 03:20 AM
UFC heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier has remained adamant that he has two fights left in his MMA career. Brock Lesnar may no longer be a part of those plans. Recently, it was announced Cormier would be headlining the UFC’s upcoming card from Madison Square Garden.

The event goes down next month on November 3rd. Cormier will defend his heavyweight title against Derrick Lewis in the main event. Initially it was expected the final two fights of Cormier’s career would be against Brock Lesnar and Jon Jones. Lesnar confronted Cormier after his UFC 226 win this past summer. Even UFC President Dana White confirmed that was the fight he was attempting to make.

With Lewis fighting Cormier next, however, that means “DC” only has one fight left in him, as he tells ESPN:

“Counting the Lewis fight, I think I’m down to two fights left,” Cormier said.“Maybe this will be a blessing in disguise, the fact that I don’t have a crazy, long fight camp to beat myself down.

“That may prolong it for me, but right now, I think I have this one and maybe one more. I can still fight in March and hit my retirement date.”

In regards to fighting either Jones or Lesnar, “DC” admits a fight with Jones would mean more to him:

“The one opponent that would matter to me most is Jones, because he’s beaten me twice.”

Will
10-14-2018, 07:55 PM
If DC has a choice he will choose Lesnar because its a bigger payday and he doesnt want three losses against the same guy to end his career.