PDA

View Full Version : Journalist Calls Out The Rock Over Old Saudi Arabia Post, The Rock Responds

Kemo
10-25-2018, 07:51 PM
A lot of superstars related to WWE have commented on the recent Saudi Arabia controversy and the Rock is the latest celebrity who has been dragged into this conversation.

About 6 months ago, the Rock had dinner with Saudi’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and he posted on Instagram about it, calling it a fascinating experience.

CNN reporter Oliver Darcy uncovered this old post recently and took on his Twitter account to blast the Great One, saying that this post did not age well:

This Instagram post from @TheRock did not age well. Reached out to his publicist several times today to see if he has any new thoughts on MBS, but no response.

— Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) October 19, 2018

The former World Champion responded to this tweet from Darcy, saying that it’s a silly and clickbait post and that he should go back and read his words:

Such a silly, clickbait post, Oliver. Im surprised you’d post this. Go back and really read my words. I listened and learned then. As I listen and learn now. C’mon man

— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) October 20, 2018

Oliver was quick to respond to this tweet and he came up with a tweet blaming the Rock of playing a role in Salman’s PR campaign and asking if his views have changed with time:

You had dinner with a brutal authoritarian, playing a role in his PR campaign to convince the West that he was, as you’d say, someone with “modern views.” Then you gushed about it on social media. Ppl look up to you. Do you regret giving him a platform? Has your opinion changed?

— Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) October 20, 2018

The post in question is before the controversy over the missing journalist went international so it wouldn’t be a surprise if the former WWE Star releases a statement clearing his views soon, though so far he hasn’t responded to Darcy’s latest tweet.