PDA

View Full Version : The Bellas Were Caught Off Guard By WWE’s Announcement Of Evolution

Kemo
10-28-2018, 06:07 PM
WWE’s announcement of Evolution took a lot of people by surprise. Even The Bella Twins. WWE will host its first-ever all-female pay-per-view from the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, New York. The show will be headlined by two of WWE’s biggest female stars.

RAW Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey will defend her title against Nikki Bella. Nikki’s sister, Brie, will likely be in her corner. Recently, The Bella Twins took part in a Q&A panel at the Ace Comic Con in Chicago. During the session, they were asked about their reaction to the announcement of the PPV.

Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, and Triple H made the announcement inside the ring, with all the WWE Superstars on the entrance ramp of RAW. Brie initially assumed the announcement was going to be in regards to Women’s Tag Team Titles:

“I actually thought they were probably bringing in tag team titles for the women, just because of how everyone was out in the ring and they were speaking,” Brie said. “And I wasn’t expecting an all women’s pay-per-view.

“Look, I have goosebumps just saying it out loud. I was sitting on the couch watching and I was like, ‘wait, what?’ It really made me teary eyed. I was like, ‘wow, this is a really historic moment for WWE.’”

As for Nikki, she was definitely taken aback by the announcement. She believed women would main event a WrestleMania before getting their own PPV:

“I was with Brie and I remember we were both floored,” Nikki said. “I mean, I was in shock. And I had no idea it was coming either. I thought we might see first women main eventing WrestleMania and then an all women’s pay-per-view, but I love the fact that that [has] come before that. It’s amazing.”