PDA

View Full Version : Matt Hardy Opens Up On Potential Retirement From Pro Wrestling

Kemo
10-30-2018, 06:30 PM
Matt Hardy was the most recent guest on Chasing Glory with Lilian Garcia to talk about various topics. Just last month, it was reported that Hardy would be taking an extended break to deal with nagging injuries and he has been “shadowing” WWE producers behind the scenes and is transitioning to a backstage role with the company.

Hardy addressed if he has retired from pro wrestling, which he stated that “People throw around the word retirement where typically if someone teases that, it’s retirement, but retirement is not a word I ever said.” He continued by stating that he said he needed to go home and did. He brought up how he’s not a spring chicken anymore and wrestled for 26 years. He needed to go home in order to deal with issues in his lower back and hips. He continued by stating that if he can bounce back from those issues and get back in the ring and be physical, that’s great. However, if it can’t then he’ll “do whatever we need to do on-air to figure out something entertaining” for himself.

Hardy also talked about being content with his career where he stated that when he steps outside of being a pro wrestler then he’s super happy with everything they did and on his own as his goal was to one day be the tag team champions of the WWE one time and they did that many times over. He stated, “If I walk away tomorrow and never wrestle another match again I’m good with everything I’ve done and achieved.”

Hardy continued by stating that when his career comes to an end, it’s not all about the title wins but rather how good of a performer you are and how relevant you can stay and how much you can change and evolve. It also has to do with a popularity standpoint and a financial standpoint. He added that he feels that he has done well on all of those levels.

UT9IPtrmd84