PDA

View Full Version : Renee Young Reflects On Paul Heyman’s Support And Advice

Kemo
10-31-2018, 06:49 PM
Renee Young made history recently by becoming the WWE’s first ever full-time female commentator when she joined the RAW commentary team.

Turns out that she had a number of supporters backstage who were rallying for her success, one of whom was none other than Paul Heyman.

Speaking with Bleacher Report, Renee mentioned how Heyman had always been a vocal supporter of hers, ever since she first signed with the company back in October 2012.

“He’s had my back from the get-go,” she admitted. “He did not need to do that. For whatever reason, he [Heyman] and I have always been close when it comes to talking about being better and wanting to be the best.”

Young also revealed that Heyman gave her advice before her RAW commentary debut, remembering that “he just kind of gave me advice on how to be a little more succinct, how to create those little punchlines.”

“You’ve gotta think about what this is going to sound like in a video package,” Young elaborated. “Make sure you’re saying their name instead of he or she. Just little nuggets like that that you might forget. And I do forget. Sometimes, I might be out there and catch myself saying, ‘Oh, he just speared him’ instead of ‘Roman Reigns just speared Braun Strowman.'”