PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Considers The WWE A “Young Man’s Game”

Kemo
10-31-2018, 06:57 PM
He may no longer be appearing at WWE’s Crown Jewel event this coming Friday, but that hasn’t made John Cena any less in demand, especially as he continues to bypass boundaries into different mediums, continuously building a wider cross-media fanbase as he does so.

In a recent video interview, the former Doctor Of Thuganomics, sporting a blue suit and maintaining his longer hairstyle, was asked about potentially returning to the ring, and whether he was still maintaining a physical fitness compatible for in-ring competition.

Cena responded candidly, admitting: “Full disclosure, I can’t run at the full demanding schedule at 41 years old as the current WWE Superstars do. They go every day, all the time, and it is a young man’s game.”

Addressing the fact he has segued into a part-time position within the company as he continues to appear in more movies, Cena said, “There is some folks out there that – certainly because of what I have said and done in the past are like, ‘urgh, you’re hypocritical.’ […] I’m old, guys. I’m old. I’m 41 and performing 310 times a year isn’t what’s best for my overall health. I want to be able to run the streets at 80 instead of hobbling around.”

He was quick to clarify, however, that he’s not going anywhere soon, “[…] I’m at a point in my life where I, kind of, gotta think a little bit more long term. That doesn’t mean I’m leaving the WWE. I’ll never leave the WWE. It’s my home, but I have to think of my overall long-term health and, right now, this is probably the best play for me.”

w0q_YRlT-bw