PDA

View Full Version : Becky Lynch Talks Crowd Reaction and When WWE Officials Took Notice

Kemo
11-02-2018, 02:59 PM
Becky Lynch has become one of the biggest fan favorite performers in the WWE this year. This, despite WWE’s seemingly asinine attempts to position her as a ‘heel’ character have actually propelled her to the top of the card.

Lynch recently spoke to Sam Roberts and had some interesting comments on her fan reaction. Lynch said “I will say that I think around Money in the Bank was when it kind of came to light and people were behind me and people have really supported me along the way. There was a time when I was down and wasn’t really doing anything. I was doing interviews at WrestleMania, so 2017 wasn’t really my best year.” Lynch followed this stating her plans going forward; “I am trying to change that now. I think that at Money in the Bank 2018 people were caring and people really wanted me to win Money in the Bank. When I climbed that ladder, they were heavily cheering me and it was noticed [by WWE officials].”

Roberts asked Becky if she was surprised by the crowd reaction given her booking as a heel character. Becky replied by saying “I don’t know how surprising that is to me because, like I said, anybody can identify with that story. Anybody can identify with the story of feeling overlooked and feeling frustrated after doing the right thing for three-and-a-half years and not going anywhere with it.” Lynch elaborated by saying that “you finally realize, you know what I am tired of this crap, I am going to do what it takes because I have been cheated out of championships and cheated out of opportunities because there were lines I wasn’t willing to cross, but now it doesn’t matter. I am willing to cross any line to take what I want.”