View Full Version : Cormier Admits Lesnar Match-Up Is Tougher Than Derrick Lewis

Kemo
11-08-2018, 01:35 AM
Daniel Cormier is prepared to make his final walk to the Octagon. “DC” successfully defended his heavyweight title this past weekend (Sat. November 3, 2018) at UFC 230 from Madison Square Garden. Cormier has remained adamant that he has only one fight left in his mixed martial arts career after the win. That fight will likely be a superfight against Brock Lesnar in early 2019.

Lesnar will have to fulfill several United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) obligations before being eligible to return. Once that is sorted out, “The Beast” will likely be set to challenge Cormier for the heavyweight title. The match-up, however, is an interesting one. Lesnar is a decorated wrestler in his own right. Should they share the Octagon, the wrestling will likely cancel out, leaving a striking battle to ensue.

Cormier should have the advantage in that department. Speaking to MMA Junkie Radio recently, Cormier discussed possibly fighting Lesnar. “DC” admitted that the match-up is a tougher one than his fight against Lewis:

“I think it’s tougher, because he kind of cancels out the wrestling,” Cormier said. “I can’t just go take Brock Lesnar down at will like I was able to with Derrick Lewis. And he’s big and athletic and super fast.

“Also, he has a size 5X glove, so if he’s able to land one of those strikes, it could be the end of the night. I truly do believe it’s the tougher fight.”