PDA

View Full Version : Shinsuke Nakamura Discusses His Goals In WWE, Okada & Tanahashi

Kemo
11-23-2018, 02:14 AM
WWE United States Champion Shinsuke Nakamura spoke to Sports Illustrated about various topics including his adjustment to the WWE style.

“WWE is a different form of wrestling,” explained Nakamura. “It’s different than New Japan. I wrestled a different style with New Japan, but WWE is a live TV show. I’m still learning,” said Nakamura. “My family speaks the language better than me, and they’re trying to fix my English. It’s so different from Japanese.” Nakamura continued by stating that the moving side of the transition from Japan to America was tough and it’s rare for him to be in the spot.

That NXT experience was a first-time for him and he studied hard. He stated that for a chance in the WWE, he learned English and the WWE style while training at the Performance Center. He added that it wasn’t humbling, because he was too busy enjoying the moment.

Nakamura also talked about his goals in the WWE. “I love wrestling and I love telling a story to the audience,” said Nakamura. “I’m always looking for something new, even small things. My wrestling style changes, but I try to control the audience.” He added that he wants to give energy to the audience and they give him energy, which he loves and what he’s doing.

Finally, the SmackDown star shared his opinion on Kazuchika Okada and Hiroshi Tanahashi. “Okada is really, really good,” said Nakamura. “I feel sympathy with AJ Styles and Tanahashi with the way they wrestle. They are all great wrestlers.”