PDA

View Full Version : Sonya Deville Talks Coming Out As Gay On Tough Enough

Kemo
11-26-2018, 07:02 PM
Sonya Deville just completed her first full year on the main roster. She spoke with Sky Sports in the UK regarding her WWE career thus far as well as her decision to tell Triple H about being gay while filming the show Tough Enough.

Deville was a contestant on the 6th season of Tough Enough in 2015. During the competition, she was asked if she was in a relationship at the time.

“Not only was I not expecting that question, I was in a bikini in high heels in front of Triple H and other WWE executives inside the ring! The other girls had spray tans and their extensions in, and they looked beautiful – and I was just like this MMA fighter chick. I felt so out of my comfort zone when they asked me that question,” Deville described her reaction to the situation.

“I thought ‘what do I do… well, tell the truth, right?’ So I said, ‘yeah, I have a girlfriend, but she’s not my wife yet’,” Deville continued. “I got nervous, and they all started smiling. I said, ‘oh my god, I just came out on national television’. And Triple H replied, ‘yeah you did!’ I just came back with, ‘oh well, that’s that!'”

Deville continued to say she takes her position as a role model for others seriously, backs UK’s Rainbow Laces campaign, and tries to help as many people as she can looking for support on social media.

Deville and Mandy Rose have been aligned since both debuted on Raw last year as part of Paige’s “Absolution” faction. They went through Tough Enough and developmental together and even have a YouTube show where they sample donuts. There appears to be some dissension between the two building on Smackdown, however. It’s possible the team could be feuding with each other before WWE even introduces tag-team titles for the women’s divisions.