PDA

View Full Version : Jon Jones Reveals What Alexander Gustafsson Taught Him In Their First Fight

Kemo
11-29-2018, 06:03 PM
Jon Jones believes a lesson was learned after his first fight with Alexander Gustafsson.

Jones is set to do battle with Gustafsson a second time on Dec. 29. The two will collide inside the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada in the main event of UFC 232. The UFC light heavyweight title will be on the line. Two-division champion Daniel Cormier will vacate his 205-pound gold once Jones vs. Gustafsson II begins.

Jones recently appeared on the UFC Unfiltered podcast. “Bones” revealed what Gustafsson taught him in the first fight:

“I was getting used to people saying things like, ‘He is a lot like Jon Jones with better hands and better footwork.’ Everybody was saying he was a Swedish version of me. In my head, I was thinking he’s tall, has a presence about him, but he is not me. There is only one me, and it was almost an arrogance that I had. I was feeling like I was a product and he was a knockoff version of me. What he showed me was, hard work can beat talent when talent isn’t working hard. And that is such a true thing. I know I wasn’t doing the right things. I was in the heyday of my partying. Now I know what he is capable of and I will treat him as such. I will train for him like it is supposed to be.”