PDA

View Full Version : Mark Henry Discusses His Hall Of Pain Run, Current WWE Role

Kemo
11-30-2018, 08:26 PM
WWE Hall Of Famer Mark Henry recently appeared on the E&C Pod Of Awesomeness with former WWE/ECW star Tommy Dreamer and former WWE World Heavyweight Champion Christian where he discussed a wide range of topics.

Henry’s last match came when he worked a Royal Rumble match at the Greatest Royal Rumble pay-per-view event back in April. This was after 10 months of him confirming that his 21-year in-ring career was coming to an end. When asked what he’s doing now, he noted that “I have been doing the [WWE] ambassador thing, I am not doing it currently, right now the only thing I am employed to do is with Sirius XM.” He added that he owns his Strongman show and planning the first show in Washington D.C.

Henry has been with the company since 1996. He was just 24-years of age when he decided to get into the pro wrestling business. During his time with the company, he held the WWE World Heavyweight Title, ECW Title, and European Title. Most people including Henry believe that his best run was when he did his Hall of Pain gimmick.

Henry said, “That was probably my best work and I was given the chance to do what I wanted. I had the freedom to have a promo segment against somebody like John Cena.” He continued by stating that when he walked between those ropes, it was all him and was only told by WWE Chairman Vince McMahon to not hurt anybody. That was all the direction he was given.