PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Disappointed In WWE’s New Era

Kemo
12-21-2018, 01:00 AM
It should come as no surprise that Jim Ross has thoughts on WWE’s New Era, which allegedly kicked off on Raw this week.

The McMahon Family returned to WWE television on Monday to, in storyline, take back control of their product. The McMahons promised to better listen to the fans, and to provide new faces and new matches.

On The Jim Ross Report, where JR weekly gives his unfiltered takes on the biggest news of the week, Ross says that after the McMahon appearances at the start of the show, he saw more of the same old product that has had fans griping of late.

“I was a little bit disappointed that there was not more of a shakeup,” Ross said. “I had my hopes really sky-high. Maybe too high, quite frankly.”

Ross expected wide-ranging change, but he feels that was not the case.

“I hoped that we would see a major implosion of the flagship brand, and it would be beginning to be reassembled before they went off the air,” Ross said. “I got an entertaining first segment, with the McMahons establishing the lay of the land. The rest of the show felt to me like it was business as usual.”

Ross went on to discuss some changes that he would implement, in generic terms.

“The company has got to be willing to break molds and do new things,” JR said.

“You’ve got to change things. You’ve got to change the quarterback, change the offense, change something.”

“Status quo ain’t gonna get it.”