PDA

View Full Version : Joey Janela Opens Up About Split From Penelope Ford

Kemo
12-21-2018, 01:19 AM
It looks like professional wrestling couple Joey Janela and Penelope Ford are no longer together. Janela recently ‘vented’ on Twitter and opened up about his recent struggles. He included his real-life breakup with Ford in the statement. Since 2014, Janela and Ford worked the independent scene together.

They appeared together at the “All In” PPV in September for Janela’s match against Adam Page. Interestingly enough, Ford was spotted as a member of the WWE tryouts in Orlando at the Performance Center recently.

Janela suffered a bad leg injury at a Game Changer Wrestling event in September. After landing awkwardly on his leg after a crossbody dive, it was determined Janela tore his PCL, MCL, suffered ACL sprain, and several other injuries. He’s expected to be out for at least a year.

Here’s what Janela had to say on Twitter:

“I usually don’t get too personal on here, but I wish I had a camera crew follow me around for the last four months, you couldn’t write my life, ups and downs galore. Went from wrestling on the most talked about Pay-Per-View of the year to completely blowing out my knee in less than two weeks.

“Major knee surgery at the end of October that caused me to miss my own show in Los Angeles (I watched it from my friend’s basement) [and] on top of all of that, my real life relationship with Penelope Ford ended.

“I just wanna thank the fans for being for me with these past few months, all the love and support has mentally and financially supported me through these times. And, oh yeah, Spring Break 3 sold out so fast that we had to add another show, which equally sold out just as fast!

“The clock is ticking and I’ll give everyone the great wrestling comeback story of all-time. The next chapter is gonna be epic! Enjoy the ride. Happy Holidays!”