PDA

View Full Version : TJP Talks WWE Moving 205 Live To Different Night, Winning Cruiserweight Classic

Kemo
12-22-2018, 12:12 AM
Former WWE Cruiserweight Champion TJP recently spoke about various topics while doing an interview with Fox Sports Asia including winning the Cruiserweight Classic, 205 Live‘s moves to Wednesday, and more.

When it comes to 205 Live moving from Tuesday to Wednesday, TJP noted that it has changed from airing from after SmackDown to before the blue branded show went live. It all came down to scheduling and logistics. He recalled taping TV in Philadelphia where they were doing a Tribute to the Troops special. This was when they taped before Raw and brought up how it was an amazing city. They went to Washington the next night to SmackDown and got the same reaction.

“So a lot of times it didn’t really change anything. Even now I feel like it doesn’t really matter. I think at the end of the day the real filter is you have to be who you are and you have to be good at what you do. and you have to make a connection so that people want to follow you.”

TJP won the Cruiserweight Classic in 2016 that led to the WWE bringing back these stars and giving them their own TV show. When asked about winning the tournament, he admitted that he doesn’t think about it often. He was able to represent Filipinos and South East Asians which is something that he takes pride in.

“I have never been able to just be myself so really the thing about CC was such a big deal for me is that there have been times I have been asked to be things I am not – a Mexican wrestler, a Japanese wrestler or things like that and been portrayed as something I am not. For once I came in and again this is why it feels like home here because I just simply asked if I could be myself and they said: “Yes, that’s exactly who we want you to be”. You know winning and everything and all that was nice but it made it special for me because it was the first time I got to be myself.”