PDA

View Full Version : Beth Phoenix Receiving Historic HOF Induction

Kemo
12-22-2018, 12:19 AM
WWE Hall Of Famer Beth Phoenix is one of the greatest female professional wrestlers of all time. This was recognized when she was inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame in 2017 by Natalya. Now, “The Glamazon” will make history when she becomes the first-ever woman inducted into the George Tragos / Lou Thesz Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame.

Phoenix is a four-time WWE Women’s Champion who helped pave the way for the amazing things being done by the WWE’s Women’s Division today. She’ll be recognized in a ceremony from the Dan Gable Museum. The festivities will take place from July 25th to 27th. The George Tragos / Lou Thesz pro wrestling HOF was established back in 1999. It has several well-known names including Bret Hart, Gene LeBell, Antonio Inoki and Ric Flair.

The portion of the Tragos/Thesz HOF that Phoenix will be inducted into is located in Iowa. It’s specifically dedicated for those with amateur wrestling backgrounds, such as Phoenix. She is a former amateur wrestling champion in North-East Wrestling and the New York State Fair from 1999.

Phoenix had the following reaction to the news of her induction:

“I am SO humbled and grateful!!! Thank you @wrestlingmuseum for this honor and putting a spotlight on women’s wrestling. I marvel at today’s female athletes and how they inspire all generations (including my two young daughters!)”