PDA

View Full Version : Undertaker Reveals If He Ever Considered Retirement During His Career

Kemo
01-05-2019, 03:36 AM
Longtime WWE Superstar The Undertaker has been in the professional wrestling business for nearly 35 years. The 53-year-old is one of the biggest stars the professional wrestling industry has ever seen. Not only that, but he’s one of the most highly-respected stars of all time. Throughout his career with WWE, Undertaker has won seven World Championships. He also once held a legendary undefeated streak at WrestleMania, which reached up to 21-0.

However, Brock Lesnar broke that streak in 2014 when he defeated “The Deadman” at WrestleMania 30. Undertaker won two more matches at “The Show Of Shows” before being defeated by Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 33. Undertaker still appears at WrestleMania to wrestle, as he competed at WrestleMania 34 in New Orleans last year, defeating John Cena.

His last match took place in November at WWE Crown Jewel. He and his storyline brother, Kane, were defeated by D-Generation X (Shawn Michaels and Triple H). With WrestleMania 35 right around the corner, Undertaker will likely be competing at the event yet again, but nothing is confirmed as of this writing. Recently, Undertaker joined Onnit’s “True Wrestling,” and Taker discussed several professional wrestling topics.

He was asked if he ever considered retirement at any point during his career. Here’s what “The Deadman” had to say:

“You know, at the tail-end now, I really have to put everything into perspective, and what damage I’m doing at this point, to myself, and my life after wrestling,” Taker said. “But when I was going full-time, no. Even when the business took a real nose-dive, you’re thinking, ‘OK, how are we gonna get out of this? What we gonna do?

“We can work harder.’ The one thing I was really good at, and in my mind anyway, if anybody else feels that way is another story, but in my mind, I felt like it was always where I belonged, and what I should be doing.

“Obviously there were times where money was… but instead of, ‘Man, I need to get me a job at the Jiffy Lube and figure out something else later on…’, It was, ‘What can we do to make this product where we want to see it?’”

GT2lVREjnDs