PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Killer On Details Behind WWE’s Offer To Kenny Omega

Kemo
01-08-2019, 03:36 PM
We recently noted that WWE made a “fantastic” offer to Kenny Omega. The NJPW star recently dropped the IWGP Heavyweight Championship at the Wrestle Kingdom 13 pay-per-view. WWE is looking to boost their roster this year, especially with their new broadcast deal with FOX coming into play in a few months. Signing Omega would undoubtedly be the biggest free agency move of the year.

However, with All Elite Wrestling (AEW) now official and looking to make a name for itself, there’s a possibility Omega ends up there as well. With that being said, there have been a lot of rumors going around in regard to WWE’s offer to Omega. One of those being that the offer included creative control. Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio notes that perk was not included in their offer to “The Cleaner.” Such a perk is an extreme rarity in WWE today.

Recently, Omega told Tokyo Sports that he is leaving NJPW. There’s no clear indication, as of this writing, where he could go next:

“There is no real place for me to fit, so it’s best for me not to be in (NJPW),” Omega said. “I can’t be there working under Tanahashi. I don’t think he’s surpassed me, don’t think he’s better. If we can, I want to face him again. But I need time away, and not just from New Japan.”