PDA

View Full Version : The Elite Tease Appearance At Independent Show This Weekend

Kemo
01-31-2019, 12:03 AM
Members of the Elite have been showing up at independent wrestling events recently. Cody and Hangman Page appeared at an event in Waterbury, MA recently. The Young Bucks, Page, and Cody have also appeared at Bar Wrestling in LA and DEFY Wrestling in Seattle recently.

It appears the Young Bucks could be headed to Atlanta this weekend. Nick Jackson appeared in the replies section for an event featuring SCU versus the Lucha Bros.

Kazarian made a point to capitalize the letters A, E, and W in the following post:

I wonder if we should buy flights for this?

— The Young Bucks® (@NickJacksonYB) January 30, 2019

Colt Cabana didn’t need any more hints:

Hahaha. I wonder if anyone can figure out this “puzzle”?!

— Colt Cabana (@ColtCabana) January 30, 2019

Later, Nick Jackson confirmed that he bought tickets. “Just bought flights,” Nick Jackson Tweeted. “This weekend is gonna be nuts!”

Got mine too. I made sure we’re sitting together.

— The Young Bucks® (@MattJackson13) January 30, 2019

Cody and Brandi Rhodes live in Atlanta and could likely appear as well. Brandi doubts Cody knows how to get to the venue, however.

I don’t think you know where we live hun.

— Brandi Rhodes (@TheBrandiRhodes) January 30, 2019

Hangman Page looks as though he’ll be staying nearby this weekend as well:

address is 6100 Live Oak Parkway, Norcross, GA right?

— HANGMAN PAGE (@theAdamPage) January 30, 2019

On the most recent episode of Being the Elite, the Young Bucks revealed they are making these appearances to give back to independent wrestling. They are paying their own ways to the shows and not accepting payment from the promotions.

Matt Jackson recently took the time to speak on AEW’s partnership with Oriental Wrestling Entertainment (OWE).

“Immediately when I saw a couple of GIFs of the OWE guys on Twitter, I was attracted,” he said. “So, I looked up more clips and did research on them. I quickly learned my old friend CIMA, who I’d made friends with years ago in Japan, was affiliated with them. That made sense right away, because the clips I watched had a real Dragon Gate feel to it.”

He continued, “Yet still, it looked and felt so original. Like a fight scene from an old Kung fu movie. I knew I’d one day work with these guys right away. I’m attracted to anything out of the ordinary.”

pFg29EOGQ-k