PDA

View Full Version : Cody Scheduled To Have Knee Surgery, Timetable For Return

Kemo
01-31-2019, 03:13 PM
Cody is scheduled to have surgery on his knee shortly. The AEW executive was pulled from the ROH Global Wars tour back in November after hearing his knee pop. Cody was to defend the IWGP United States championship against Beretta in Toronto but was unable to make the match.

“Sadly folks I will not be able to wrestle tomorrow in Toronto,” Cody Tweeted. “I will still be at the pre-show meet/greet to say hello to everybody.”

An MRI later confirmed Cody would need surgery to repair the damage done to his meniscus. He would delay the surgery until after Final Battle and Wrestle Kingdom, however. In an update to this story, the Wrestling Observer is reporting Cody’s surgery is scheduled for February 12th.

“Cody will be undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery on February 12 in Atlanta,” wrote Dave Meltzer. “The surgery will keep him out of action for two to three months but he’s not scheduled to wrestle until Double Or Nothing on 5/25.”

Cody On His Knee Injury

GOOD news is my doctor is fairly confident that my mcl/pcl/acl are structurally sound.

BAD news is the meniscus is fairly damaged, gonna’ require a scope. No dates will be adjusted at the moment, and I’ll definitely still compete in the final battle main event & at WK.

— Cody Rhodes (@CodyRhodes) November 12, 2018