PDA

View Full Version : Israel Adesanya Reveals Anderson Silva’s Words After UFC 234 Main Event

Kemo
02-13-2019, 02:07 PM
Leading into and coming out of UFC 234, Israel Adesanya was the hot topic in the MMA world. Indeed, Adesanya has received his fair share of hype, even prior to making his UFC debut last year. The hype has accumulated following each of his five victories, as has his confidence and lofty visions of the future. But with success and attention, comes detractors, backbiters, and ill-wishers. Adesanya would address these people in a recent appearance on Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show.

“People want to see, the guy who thinks he’s the man, they want to see him fall for whatever reason,” Adesanya said. “And I’ve been part of it. I’ve tasted that before, the green-eyed monster, so I can understand when I see it in other people. When they come to my face and tell me, ‘I’m so happy for you.’ I can smell it. I can see it. I’m like, you would not be happy for me. You would love it if Silva had chinned me…if he had caught me at one point.”

Israel Adesanya would go on to reveal that what Anderson said to him in the Octagon following the UFC 234 main event that relates to Adesanya’s observations about the negative energy and external noise:

“’Don’t lose your focus,’” Adesanya quoted Silva as saying. “And you can kind of hear it a little bit. Before Herb Dean grabbed us away, I said, I understand. I’ve seen a lot of snakes in this game. I’ve seen how this game is played. And not everyone is your friend. He’s like, yes! Yes! So he’s just telling me, don’t lose my focus, stay on the path of greatness, pretty much.

“And trust me, I will fall at some point, but the thing about me is whenever I fall in my life, personally or professionally, I always bounce back like a trampoline.”