PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Suggests How AEW Can Avoid Being The Next WCW

Kemo
02-24-2019, 09:28 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross recently made some interesting comments regarding the new AEW promotion. Good Ol’ JR spoke about the new upstart company on his Ross Report podcast.

When discussing the new company Ross began to explain how he feels they should run the business. Ross was mainly looking at how the company could build and ‘avoid becoming the next WCW.’ Alluding to how the last company to truly contest WWE ended up going out of business.

JR said that “Well, they’ve got to continue to create stars. They’ve got to continue to provide something new and exciting and talented to the fanbase. They’ve got to have a great television clearance as they start their weekly run this fall, I am told or as I read. So I think that’s important. They’ve struck a chord with many on social media.” Ross elaborated further, saying “their footprint, thanks to their social media expertise, is serving them well. But the main thing is they’ve got to cultivate a talented roster. They can’t get stale or predictable and continue to produce great episodic, hard-hitting, no eye-rolling content every week. It’s a hell of a big job and it ain’t going to be easy.”